Friday, June 29, 2007

Introduction

I've been interested in personal finance since the day I graduated from college. I've certainly learned a ton since then, and I am lucky enough to have a few people in my life who I'm comfortable sharing my finances with to some degree. These people have both accompanied me and guided me on this journey. Still, I have come to realize that many people do not feel comfortable sharing financial information with real-life friends and acquaintances, and too many others just aren't interested and don't understand why I am. I've always wanted like minded people to share information with and get advice from, but I never really knew where to find them.

It never occurred to me that I could solve the problem with a blog until I stumbled on Ramit's personal finance blog for young professionals www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com, and through it some very financially savvy young womens' blogs including Thoughts from a SF renter, Give Me Back My Five Bucks, and An English Major's Money. And I started thinking... hey... these girls are as interested in this as I am - we could learn from each other! At first I thought I'd just become a reader, communicating with them by leaving comments on their blogs. But the more I read, the more I was inspired to write for myself. So here I am.

No comments: